The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) will host its Roadway Construction Safety Academy Dec. 2 to 6, 2013 at ARTBA’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. The program will help train industry safety professionals to help them better manage and improve safety on construction projects and jobsites.
The course is designed for safety construction professionals, foremen, managers, HR personnel and other individuals responsible for worker training.
Industry experts Travis Parson, senior safety and health specialist for the Laborers' Health & Safety Fund of North America, and Omar Lopez, ARTBA’s safety programs lead instructor, will lead the five-day workshop delivering key safety management, training and accreditation in the following areas:
- Roadway construction-focused OSHA 500 Instructor Course (which qualifies participants to teach OSHA 10- and 30-hour courses);
- Flagger Instructor Certification;
- Preventing Runovers and Backovers of Workers Training Course;
- The Roadway Safety+ Interactive Training Program;
- Aids for working with a Spanish-speaking workforce; and
- OSHA 1926 Standards.
Registration is $1,700 for ARTBA members and $2,000 for non-members. More than 30 Professional Development Hours are available.