Voting members of the Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP) have elected the 34th board of directors.
The AEMP board provides strategic direction for the association and plays a major role in uniting end-users working in the field with the other two points of the AEMP Equipment Triangle that include manufacturers and equipment dealers. The AEMP board is focused on industry-critical topics, including telematics, safety and workforce development, to ensure current and future equipment management professionals are prepared for a highly dynamic career field. The process of selecting board members who are thought-leaders in the industry is the cornerstone to AEMP's position as the leading organization for all things related to the equipment management profession.
These individuals will be sworn in at the AEMP Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla., on March 17 during the board’s regularly scheduled meeting, and will be formally introduced to the industry on March 19 at the annual Inaugural and Awards Luncheon.
- Chairman of the Board - Ken Burke, CEM, Sarens Canada
- Chairman Elect - John Meese, Waste Management Inc.
- Vice Chair - Dan Samford, CEM, Herzog Contracting Corp.
- Vice Chair - Jason Ruggles, Traylor Bros., Inc.
- Vice Chair - Don Gengelbach, CEM, Mulzer Crushed Stone Inc.
- Secretary/Treasurer - Dave Gorski, CEM, K-Five
- Immediate Past Chair - Thad Pirtle, Traylor Bros. Inc.
- Director of Construction - Greg Peet, CEM, Heavy Equipment Services Inc.
- Director of Governmental - David Bolderoff, CEM, Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts
- Director of Mining - Kirby Yakemchuk, P.E., Ledcor Group
- Director of Strategic Partners - Dennis Walker, United Rentals
- Director of Associates - Joe Baker, J. J. Kane Appraisal Services
These directors are appointed by the chairman of the board based on specific individual experiences and skill sets that can aide AEMP in advancing its mission.
- Guy Gordon, CEM, Aegion Corporation
- Paul Kitko, Glenn O Hawbaker Inc.
- Roger Mohr, John Deere Construction & Forestry, Chairman to the AEMP Foundation Board Liaison
The 2015-2016 Advisory Board has also been appointed by the incoming chairman. Serving in a non-voting advisory role to the board of directors, they assist the board in its decision making as provided for in the AEMP Bylaws:
- Chairman: Dennis Walker, United Rentals
- Randy Amerine, AT&T
- Rick Blesi, Construction Equipment
- Roberto Bogdanoff, Volvo Construction Equipment Thomas Bucklar, Caterpillar Corp.
- Jeff Cohen, Telogis
- Joe Donald, Randall Reilly
- Sean Dunphy, Equipment Today
- Mike Gidaspow, Komatsu America Corp.
- Pat Hunt, Case Construction Equipment
- Joe Mennona, Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricants Cloyce Newton, Trimble
- Carl Porter, John Deere Construction & Forestry
- Garrett Schemmel, EquipmentWatch