The Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP) Education Foundation has announced the 2016 nominees for the Technician of the Year award.
For 26 years, the AEMP Education Foundation has partnered with John Deere Construction & Forestry to honor the heavy equipment industry’s outstanding Technician of the Year in both public sector and private fleets. Recipients will be honored at a special luncheon during the AEMP 34th Management Conference & Annual Meeting in Houston, March 15-18, 2016. Each recipient will be presented with a grand prize of a large custom-built John Deere rolling tool chest, an embroidered jacket, a $500 continuing education scholarship, and an award plaque.
The Technician of the Year initiative is AEMP Education Foundation’s way of recognizing technicians that are models of excellence within their profession.
“Technicians don’t often receive the recognition they deserve for being such key players in making our industry successful,” says AEMP Education Foundation Director, Rachel Connor. “We also want the award to elevate the stature of the career and to bring awareness to the critical issue of the technician shortage.”
AEMP Technician of the Year Nominees are:
Public sector fleet technicians:
- Randall Clawson, Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia
- Travis Elliott, Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia
- Leonard Hodge, Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia
- Michael Naletko, Sarasota County Fleet Services, Florida
- Cory Payne, Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia
- Terry Rought, Jr., Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia
- Andrew Rouslin, Sarasota County Fleet Services, Florida
- Gary Smith, Arapahoe County, Fleet Management, Colorado
Private sector fleet technicians:
- Dale Casino, Sherwood Construction, Kansas
- Christopher Flood, Glenn O. Hawbaker, Pennsylvania
- Scott Norman, A.J. Johns, Inc., Florida
- Jeff Pinnow, Waste Management, Wisconsin
- Richard Waltz, CCC Group, Inc., Texas
- Michael Weaver, Midasco LLC, Maryland
- Anatoliy Yurchenko, Brubacher, Pennsylvania
“These individuals deserve our appreciation for their service to our industry” says Roger Mohr, Director of Corporate Business Division at John Deere Construction & Forestry, who will be on hand to present each recipient with their toolbox. “They keep our machines and our customers going and are deserving of special recognition.”