Las Vegas is the site for the 26th AEMP Management Conference, March 8 to 11, 2008. AEMP is putting together a multifaceted, cutting-edge educational program for anyone involved in the management of fleet assets. The AEMP Management Conference is the only comprehensive conference specifically focusing on fleet-asset issues and the fleet-management professional.
The 26th Management Conference will take place at the Riviera, just moments from the Las Vegas Convention Center and CONEXPO-CON/AGG. AEMP is proud to be a supporting organization of CONEXPO-CON/AGG, the international gathering place in 2008 for the construction industries. Held every three years, the exposition showcases the latest equipment, products, services and technologies.
The Management Conference will provide relevant information through three tiers of education designed to address a range of industry experience. The tiers are:
- Essential: Core Knowledge An introduction and examination of the basic concepts and systems employed in and essential to the successful management of fleet assets.
- Professional: Best Practices Exploration and development of best practices that provide solutions and innovative approaches to the tasks and challenges of the profession of fleet asset management. This is the Certified Equipment Manager track allowing participating asset managers the opportunity to earn the CEM designation.
- Executive: Strategic Leadership Exploration of the implications and strategies developed and utilized in other business disciplines and conditions inside and outside the industry that may impact and be suitable for the business of fleet asset management.
Topical Highlights Include:
- Emissions: Learn about regulations, compliance strategies, Best Available Technology (BAT), contract and bid spec items, timetables for rule implementation, and incentive funding sources.
- Technology: Know what technology can do and how telematics can be used to monitor emissions and meet the regulation standards, as well as, end user tools for developing sound profiles of equipment health.
- Life Cycle Management: Identify the five phases of life cycle costs, how to drive costs down with six major activities, and what percentage of cost is predetermined by the time new equipment arrives.
The AEMP Management Conference provides numerous opportunities for attendees to network, share challenges, and look for solutions. These opportunities include the annual AEMP awards luncheon, the Certified Equipment Manager breakfast, the Fleet Master Awards reception and dinner, and the Technician of the Year luncheon.
Current Certified Equipment Managers attending the Conference will earn 15 points toward recertification. For more information on recertification, access the CEM section at www.aemp.org.