Equipment Type

Topcon Launches "Technology Roadshow"

What’s the best way to get technology to the end-user? Topcon believes it has the answer with the 2014 Topcon Technology Roadshow, previewed for industry editors this week in Livermore, Calif.

April 09, 2014

What’s the best way to get technology to the end-user? Topcon believes it has the answer with the 2014 Topcon Technology Roadshow, previewed for industry editors this week in Livermore, Calif.

“Only 20 percent of contractors are using machine control today,” said Topcon president and CEO Ray O’Connor. “How do we get the message out to the other 80 percent? People have to experience it themselves. Getting it to the masses takes education. Bringing educational information about machine control and its benefits is very important.”

Hence the company’s Roadshow will travel more than 23,000 miles across the U.S. and Canada in a custom-designed 18-wheeler that expands into a 5,000-square-foot “solutions center” containing interactive displays of the latest positioning technologies in construction, surveying and GIS, and AEC professions.

It’s essentially a mobile classroom that is currently scheduled to make 23 stops in key markets at or near Topcon distributors, inviting attendees to learn from presentations as well as experience hands-on demonstrations of Topcon machine control technology. The big rig also contains a mobile theater.

At the kickoff event for company employees and local customers, graders, a crawler dozer, an excavator, an ADT, and a tractor-scraper combination were available for demonstrations and operation using the company’s positioning repertoire and cloud-based technology for real-time site management.

For more information and a list of stops, visit topconroadshow.com.

 
 

Comments on: "Topcon Launches "Technology Roadshow""

Subscribe Today

Enter your email address here to be automatically subscribed to our daily newsletter!

Email Subscriptions